Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thrift Store Finds

WOW! It's been almost 3 wks since my last post. Thanks to L. Duncan for the nudge to get back on the blog scene.

Here's a quick update...Symone and I were sick w/ "flu-like" symptoms for a whole week. But that didn't keep me from resale shopping.

Also, went to see Maxwell (and Common) Monday night...extreme sexiness going on at that concert. I wore green eye shadow for Maxwell and he didn't even notice ;(







I also started on home/office and it is coming along fabulously, if I do say so myself. Big thanks to Annette for her invaluable (translation: free) consultation services. Will post soon.

Here are a few things I've bought on Craig's, at resales or garage sales (have more but need to take pics):


  1. 5 piece Patio set - ($25 bucks; Annette doesn't see my vision on this one. I'm going to make this so HOT Annette will be asking (no BEGGING) me to have her over to sit outside and have drinks)
  2. Desk - $5 [garage sale] (that's right, FIVE DOLLAR - from a neighbor of a friend; Also, bought the little night stand next to it for $5 out of guilt)
  3. Couch - $74.99 [CCA resale] (high quality coach w/ beautiful wooden legs; Got referred to upholstery place by GetItGirl; Currently deciding on fabric)







Also check out Annette's latest bargain find of the week from same place I found the couch.

Will post more updates this weekend!

5 comments:

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Yes it has been a long time! Don't think I'm crazy, but I thought you were an older woman (like OLDER older women)!!! You guys make me sick with these bargains or should I say giveaways!!! Love the sofa and the price, love the the frinch provincial desk, not sure about the patio set (lol)!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Sorry for my spelling. I just realized I spelled French wrong!

The Do-it-All Mama said...

Hey Girl! I love the patio set... u know I like "different" and it's definitely unique. If you can't make it work... I can! LOL

I'm on it again this weekend...neighborhood sale.

Annette said...

I can't wait to see the patio set and couch redone. I know it is going to be fabulous!

Dreams of Perfection said...

Ooh Wee, I love it all! The sofa def. looks like it is straight out of Horchow. I can't wait to see what you do with all of these pieces.