Friday, October 23, 2009

"Weigh" In...

As you may remember, a few weeks ago, Symone and I were sick. Somehow, between now and then, I have lost some weight.

I am ALWAYS trying to lose weight and found it interesting that I have lost weight given I have never lost my appetite.




My Journey:
I took inventoryof my habits and realized two things:
  1. I have been eating more yogurt (to counteract the antibiotics for my ear infection).

  2. I have been drinking peppermint tea* daily.
Background:
When I did Weight Watchers, I always lost good when I got in my milk servings (always with yogurt since I don't drink milk). Also, in college, one of my sorors' mother turned me on to iced peppermint tea on a hot summer day, but I usually drink it hot now.

I'm not sure this is what is triggering the steady weigh loss, but the bottom line is...I'm a little slimmer, my clothes are fitting better, and think I'm fine! LMAO

Your Journey:
So, the question for you is...what do YOU do (consciously or unconsciously) to help maintain body, health and well being? What works for you? Please share.


Random pic of Symone in her OU Cheerleader outfit from last weekend.

4 comments:

Dayka Robinson said...

Um, I don't do anything, but have been thinking about weight watchers lately. I've heard good things, so we'll have to chat about it one day. I too, love peppermint tea, but haven't had it iced before. I like mine strong, but I but it's really good cold. I'll have to try it out one of these days.

Unknown said...

I've never thought to try peppermint tea. I'll have to pick some up this week at the store and give it a whirl.

I also drink LOTS of water. Ever since I started getting my 8 glasses a day my skin has looked better, I have more engery, and I'm less hungry. I like to flavor my water with lime, lemon, or even cucumber!

###### said...

go OU..my hubby LOVES them chile. I bought him an OU letterman jacket 2 months ago and had it shipped from the school...you would think he was from OK. I know the traffic is BAD when the game comes though when I get off of work...I mean B-A-D, bad. But your baby looks to cute.

Dreams of Perfection said...

Dayka turned me on to your page from her blog. I am glad she did. I love reading the post. And I'm definitely going to try the tea.