Saturday, October 31, 2009

To-Do List - Update

Symone and I had a glorious day. She "read" a book this morning (part from memory but a LOT from learning small sight words). I'm SO proud. Kindergarten will NOT be ready for her next year!

The weather was beautiful. We ran errands and did lots around the house.

BUT, the real question is...am I making progress on my To-Do list?

My weekend To-Do List (update):

1. Paint and distress at least ONE dining room chairs - one coat applied and I like the way it looks *do you see my baby striking a pose in the background?*











2. Finish rubbing on stick-on saying on foyer wall. - *eye roll*
3. Finish painting home office and post pics. - *hmmph*
4. Finish foyer and post pics. - finalized accessories
5. Buy Halloween candy before it gets dark tomorrow LOL - done

What else did I do:
  • Found cute accessories at resale - #4 on wish list


  • Picked up Symone's clay painting project from overpriced arts and crafts place


  • Returned (FedEx'd) fabric purchased online


  • Cleaned out garage while supervising Symone carving a pumpkin by HERSELF- got storage bins on clearance at Tar-zhey.









  • Took neighbor's patio chairs she put in alley for someone to pick-up (well, they got picked up LOL...I sound like ThriftyDecorChick! )










  • Decorated doorway for Halloween (including Michael Jackson pumpkin)
*Symone's preschool teacher gave us the MJ pump*











  • Went over my neighbor's (also an OU grad) to compare houses (our floor plans are very different we discovered).


  • Washed two loads of clothes (but didn't fold a sock!)


  • Fixed Symone a snack (just a fresh plate - carrots, grapes, cantelope)


  • Found a make-shift costume for me (College Bride - I couldn't find the cap to match my gown) and took Symone trick-or-treating for her first time (she didn't realize how much candy she'd get!)









So what if I didn't get to #2 & #3! I took Monday off just in case. Don't hate the player... LOVE the game :)

5 comments:

Dayka Robinson said...

You and the "baby" look so cute! Love the progress you're making on the chairs, and I can't believe you're getting all of that done this weekend. I don't think you want to see the list of what I've done. Hope you guys had a great night out and good going with those "trash" chairs!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

You are soooo FUNNY! You guys looked cute for Halloween. the cahirs are coming along great!

Heidi said...

Hi it's your neighbor Heidi! You did a great job on your to do list. It was so nice to see all of your projects you've worked so hard on. Enjoy your week!

Unknown said...

What a weekend you two had! Glad to see you were able to cross items off the to-do list, isn't that the best feeling in the world? Sometimes I like to add things I've already done, just so I can cross them off ;)

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I love the shape of those chairs. I can't wait to see how it looks when they're done.