Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Inspiration/Research Photos

L. Duncan's comment on my last post got me weighing the option of using something bolder on the couch (translation for me: Red)...however, I would still love to see if I can make something beautiful using the fabric I ordered on clearance online.


My (original) logic:
My thought is go with a neutral that I can move around or use in the future, rather than something I may get tired of and have to pay another $500+ to reupholster within the next year or two.

Inspiration/Research:
Sooooo, I did some research on mixed fabrics on similar shapes couches (should I be using the word sofa instead of couch? I could say divan like my grandparents, huh? LOL). I threw in some all red ones for good measure.

All are from Neiman's website ranging from $3299 to $7999 -- yes, thousands! My
$74.99 sounds real good right now, huh?

Check them out and weigh in. (BTW, my favorite mix of fabrics is on the green striped couch/sofa/divan)























(This one was the only one less than $2K - really a settee)









What do you think? Can I make this work or should I go red? Thanks!

4 comments:

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Now THIS is what I'm talking about! That fourth picture of the Empire sofa in red leather is something serious (of course I would not do red leather)! Yeah these are examples of what I was talking about. It don't have to be too drastic, but make it a statement piece. We all love these Home magazines for their use of style, but we are scared to "go for it" ourselves! I say make it grand (not crazy) and I'm pretty sure you'll love it! And BTW, EVERYTHING goes out of style at some point no matter how neutral it is!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

I think I'm going to talk about this on my blog tomorrow and link back to yours. Maybe we can get some others to way in on this topic!

Symone's Mommy said...

Thanks, LD. I would appreciate the link back. Will keep you posted!

Dayka Robinson said...

I love the style of the sofa! I also really like the fabrics you selected, especially the center one. I like the idea of going bold, yet I also think going with your scheme and adding some nail head trim would look really good, too. I tend to veer towards chocolate and coordinating colors, though, so of course I'm all for neutrals with pop. What room is it for and what look do you have going on?